Frequently Asked Questions
What wireless service does SWTC offer?
Does SWTC offer repair services?
- Unplug all of your telephones and any other devices. Plug one telephone into a jack and check for dial tone (do not use a cordless phone for testing). If the phone works, try it at each of your jacks. If the phone does not work, try another phone.
- If you have a cordless phone, answering machine, fax machine, small dish TV receiver, or any other device which plugs into both the telephone line and the electric line, you should disconnect these devices during thunderstorms. If your phone line is out, disconnect all of these electrically-powered devices and test the line with an ordinary phone.
- If you have a cordless phone with a low battery, it may short out your entire phone line. If this is the problem, disconnect the cordless phone until you are able to replace the battery.
- If you are having a problem dialing long distance, note the exact time of the attempted call and the number you are trying to reach. SWTTC can verify that your calls are reaching your long distance carrier, but you may have to contact your carrier directly to determine why you cannot complete the call.
- If you are one of our BETRS (radio-telephone) customers and your phone is out, check your electrical circuit breakers. If your electricity goes out and comes back on, it may trip the circuit breaker connected to your BETRS unit. If this happens, your BETRS batteries will gradually go dead and your phone will go out.
Local calling areas are determined by the exchange.
You can make local calls at no charge to each of the areas listed for the exchange where your telephone is located. Not all prefixes in your area represent a local call. (See What is my calling area? and What is Extended Area Service?)
Incoming calls may be automatically redirected to another telephone number. Five variations of this service are available. Details
Determine the calling party’s name and telephone number before you answer the call. A special device is required for this feature. Details
Repeat Dialing allows you to dial an activation code after you have dialed a number that is busy. Repeat dialing will continue to attempt to reach that number for 30 minutes. Details
Speed Dialing lets you store 8 or 30 frequently called numbers and place calls to them by dialing a one or two digit code. This includes long distance numbers that are accessible by direct distance dialing. Details
Add a third party to an existing telephone conversation. This feature reduces the need for callbacks when trying to confirm plans and schedules. It also brings families, friends, and colleagues together. Details
Yes. Toll Control allows you to control long distance calls being placed from your telephone. Long distance calls can be made only with the use of a Personal Identification Number (PIN).
Yes. SWTTC offers an affordable inside wiring protection plan that can protect you from expensive repairs. Details
Yes. SWTTC offers two plans for receiving voice messages without the need of an answering machine. Details
Yes. Up to five additional mailboxes may be added to the system. Details
Yes. Our business office can help you design a plan that will work best for you and your family or business.