Saturday, April 28, 2018 activities (some of which will be held more than once during the day)
- Box lunch provided along with water and other snacks.
- Guided Golden-Cheeked Warbler walks
- Guided Riparian/Bird walk along river (repeated)
- Drop-in Bird Blind visits with volunteer hosts at each blind
- Bird Photography (at assigned times and blinds)
- Community/Family/Children activities at main day use area including the following
Last Chance Forever program
Beginners bird walk
- Related Nonprofit Organizations’ and Agencies’ and possible vendors'(no sales) displays/information at main day use area.
Sunday, April 29, 2018, morning only activities
- Taco breakfast provided
- Guided Golden-Cheeked Warbler walk(s) first thing after tacos
- “The Big Sit” (see below)
Everyone sitting down in one or more locations for a given amount time within the park and tallying all species observed. For rules see https://www.birdwatchersdigest.com/bwdsite/connect/bigsit/rules.php
Organizers and Facilitators
The South Llano River State Park Friends Group Board, working with th SLRSP staff, will be the primary sponsors.
- Registration and fee
- Advanced registration and a fee will be required for participants
- No fee for community/family/children event, but will need to pay a park entrance fee.
5 Miles South of Junction on Highway 377 South